Electric scooter for adults has become a massive rage and too many people who want to commute to and fro from work are choosing to opt for an electric scooter. Of course, there are a lot of advantages to using the best electric scooters for commuting. The fact that it is trendy and robust makes it very highly desirable among the gen next.
There are a lot of different brands that manufacture electric scooters and they differ a great deal based upon the features offered, weight, highest speed suspension and more. Now that you know the basics of an electric scooter and how they on everyone’s wish list, let us see the details of buying the best electric scooter.
The Definitive Guide – What To Look For?
When you have made your mind to buy an electric scooter, you should first know the main points which you should keep an eye out for.
Of course, you should be mindful of the size you want. Most of the models come with their own details of the minimum age and the maximum weight. You should adhere to these guidelines and choose the model on the basis of the metrics listed. The electric scooter which is meant for kids would not be suited for adults and vice versa. Also, the bigger the sizes means it weighs heavier and less portable for you to carry around.
There is quite a lot of variety when it comes to e-scooter. Most of them come in the traditional stand-up design which is most popular among the masses. Along with it, there are other models too where you have the option of sitting and riding as well. There are models which come with both options.
So, based on your preference, you can choose whatever you deem best.
The electric scooter can mainly be categorized under two broadheads
The Lightweight Scooter
These scooters are very light in weight and it is best for short commutes. It is also a great option when you may have to cross the stations or even carry your electric scooter on an elevator. Ideally, electric scooters with the weight between 20 to 30 lb would be considered to be light. They come with a range of approx 15 miles.
These scooters tend to come with a heavy built. Their weight starts from 30 lbs and can be much higher based on the specification. Some of the high power electric scooters which are meant for extreme performance and offers great speed and quality can be quite bulky too. Those who live in hillside areas may have to do with higher powered heavyweight scooters because you may need the extra power when going up a hill.
Ideally, the lightweight electric scooter will give you the portability and affordability advantage. Similarly, the heavyweight scooter will give you the comfort and performance advantage. Let us compare and contrast the two.
Benefits of lightweight scooter:
- It can be easily carried on the go
- Great for short road trips (say under 2 miles)
- It is best for roads which are smooth and devoid of bumps and fissures
- It is ideal when you need to push your electric scooter on to a platform or on a metro
- It doesn’t require a great deal of maintenance as you don’t have to worry about pumping the tires every now and then
- It is good for those commuters who may need to carry their electric scooter on several occasions
- It is great for those who are not looking to burn too big a hole in their pocket
- Tires: They come with airless tires. These are very basic tires and lack shock absorption feature but require zero maintenance.
- Brakes: Most of the lightweight scooters may come with electric and regenerative brakes. However, when you are moving at speed of 15+ mph, these brakes may not be enough to pull you to a stop. Some of the good lighter models may come with disc brakes too.
- Suspension: A lot of lightweight models come without suspension and this is why you will feel every bump.
- Price: While lightweight scooters can come for really cheap and may even be spotted shy of $100, the better models can be upwards of $200 and even touch the $500 mark too.
Benefits of heavyweight electric scooter:
- It is suited for longer trips
- These scooters are ideals for challenging roads and the ones which have too many bumps and cracks
- It is best for rocky and steep terrains
- It is good for those commuters who do not need to carry it around
- It is suited for commutes which do not require stowing and un-stowing of the electric scooter
- Tires: They mostly come with pneumatic tires. These tires have a shock absorption feature and they give better tractions especially when the weather is bad. However, they are prone to punctures and may have to be filled with air often.
- Brakes: They mostly come with disc brakes. These brakes have the best stopping power and are still lighter than drum brakes.
- Suspension: Most heavyweight eclectic scooters are likely to have either the front or the rear suspension even if not both. This will help you move across rough terrains with ease.
- Price: The price can vary a great deal based on the exact specification, the brand, the dimension, and the features. It can be as low as $200 and even go higher than $1000 too.
So, the real trade-off which you need to make is to decide if you want portability and affordability or performance and comfort.
Of course, the heavyweight scooters would also entail a larger expense as well. So, Which electric scooter is best suited to your lifestyle? Make an informed purchase and create a fun riding experience with your e-scooter!
If you’re already considering a lightweight E-Scooter, look no further. Get your addictive ride now with our Zoom Stryder Ex! Show yours now at https://www.ridezoom.co/shop/zoom-stryder/